Nail fungus is a common infection of the nail. It begins as a white or yellow-brown spot under the tip of your fingernail or toenail. As the fungal infection goes deeper, the nail may discolor, thicken and crumble at the edge. Nail fungus can affect several nails.
If your condition is mild and not bothering you, you may not need treatment. If your nail fungus is painful and has caused thickened nails, self-care steps and medications may help. But even if treatment is successful, nail fungus often comes back.
How does it work & Benefits
Laser therapy is a treatment for toenail fungus infection (onychomycosis), a hard-to-treat infection that changes the appearance and texture of the nail. Toenail fungus therapy works by using the laser’s beam to create heat, in turn killing the organisms that are causing the toenail to be infected. Toenail fungus often thrives at the base of a nail. Laser therapy penetrates both the toenail and the soft tissue. This not only immediately kills the hard-to-target fungus, but it also promotes new and healthy nail growth.
Pre & Post
• Clip your nails as far down as is comfortable before your appointment.
• Clean nails and exfoliate your hand or feet to remove any dead skin that may be harboring fungus.
• Remove nail polish thoroughly before treatment.
• Bring new socks or freshly washed-in bleach and an additional pair of footwear for after the appointment.
• Normal activity may resume immediately.
• Spray the insides of your shoes with an anti-fungal spray and try not to wear the same shoes every day.
• If your feet sweat a lot, use an anti-fungal powder
• Buy new nail clippers and files since the current pair may be infected.
• Keep your toenails trimmed and clean. If necessary, have your toenails cut every 3 to 4 weeks.
• Wear flip-flops in public places especially hotel rooms and showers, athletic club locker rooms and showers, and indoor swimming pools.
• Avoid nail salons that do not clean instruments properly or use a whirlpool system.
A minimum of 2 treatments is recommended
Results are permanent
No side effects